When it comes to slab leaks, you don’t want to take any chances as they can lead to serious foundational issues in your home. The best way to tackle them is to ensure that you’re detecting them in time before they become a big, expensive issue. Fortunately, Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air has over 15 years of experience and the tools necessary to detect slab leaks before they become a huge problem. We can identify a leak without causing damage to your St. George home. Once identified, we can advise you as to the best methods for slab leak repair and perform the job at a rate you can afford.
Water leak detection is an effective way to catch damaging leaks before it’s too late.
What is a Slab Leak and What Causes One?
A slab leak is a water leak that occurs under your home, making it extremely destructive and damaging to your property. In many cases, untreated slab leaks can cause damage to your home’s concrete foundation which results in extensive and expensive repairs. It’s important to know what causes this serious issue so that you can avoid it as much as possible.
- Improperly Installed Pipes: If your pipes were not installed properly, they could be leaking or burst, causing serious foundational issues.
- Extreme Weather or Conditions: Extreme weather or natural disasters can cause the ground to shift under your pipes. This can put serious pressure on your pipes.
- Time: Old homes may be more prone to slab leaks because they are fitted with copper or galvanized steel pipes which rust and leak easily.
- Poor Materials/Water Quality: The use of poor quality pipes means that they are more prone to corrosion, breaking, or cracking. Poor water quality can speed up the process of aging and corrosion.
Signs of a Slab Leak
Slab leaks are one of the plumbing issues you want to be sure to catch early so that you can schedule a slab leak repair before it becomes and out of control expense. Knowing the signs gives you the power and knowledge necessary to catch a slab leak before it gets too far along. Here are some signs to look out for:
- Sounds of running water
- A spike in monthly water costs
- Cracks on your floor
- A damp or moldy smell in your home
- Low water pressure
- Warm spots in your floor near appliances
A septic issue can derail your whole day and budget. We provide affordable septic tank cleaning.
Why Work With Us
A foundation leak repair is always better left to the professionals. You don’t want to take any chances when it comes to your home’s foundation, especially knowing the costs associated with leaving a slab leak left untreated. At Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air, we deliver quality slab leak services to bring you a customized and fast solution. As soon as you contact us, we send one of our expert technicians out to your home for an inspection. Once we identify the issue, we’ll provide you with an effective solution so that you have one less worry on your plate.