Does your home have an odor you can’t get rid of? Do people in your household suffer from allergies or asthma? Is the humidity level in your home too high? Installing air cleaners and whole home air filtration systems can help reduce these issues. Call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air to schedule services in the St. George, UT area. In business for more than 15 years, we offer same-day appointments.
When you need your air conditioner replaced, contact us to learn about our AC installation services.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner
You and your family members shouldn’t have to be uncomfortable in your home, or have your property’s indoor air quality impact your health. Instead, install an air cleaner. These systems can provide the following benefits:
- Lessen allergens from the air, allowing members of the household to have less allergy symptoms.
- Improve the air quality for people with asthma, resulting in less symptoms at home.
- Lower the humidity level in the house.
- Remove odors from the home to allow for a cleaner smelling property.
- Reduce cigarette smoke from the inside of your house.
- Get rid of airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Types of Air Cleaners
When it comes to selecting an air cleaner there are many options. Some of the most common systems include:
- Whole-house systems: These provide consistent air quality control.
- Portable air purifier products: These units are less expensive than whole-house systems but they are not as powerful.
- Ozone generators: These systems clean your air while producing oxidation properties that safely control air pollutants.
Are your air ducts causing your utility bills to rise? Learn about our air duct cleaning and repair services.
What Maintenance to Perform on Air Cleaners
In order to keep your air cleaner effectively removing debris and pollutants from your indoor air, it’s important to keep it well maintained. Some routine tasks to perform include:
- Vacuum the units regularly -- especially the exterior panels and grills -- to remove dust.
- Change HEPA filters every 3-6 months.
- Have the unit professionally serviced at least once a year to have the technician ensure it’s performing as expected and look for any minor issues that need to be repaired.
- Change the bulbs in UV air purifiers as needed.