Your home’s plumbing gets a lot of use. On a daily basis, your drains are being used to transport wastewater and other byproducts away from your home and into your home’s sewer line. It’s easy to forget that your drains can become easily clogged and many St. George, UT homeowners may not think clogged drains are a huge deal because of how common they are. However, clogged drains are not only annoying, they can lead to burst pipes and sewer problems. Call the expert drain cleaners at Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air today!
Keep your bathroom back up and running with clogged toilet repair.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
Although homeowners are usually able to identify when they have a clogged drain, it’s always good to be able to recognize the signs so that you can get to it before it becomes a huge issue. Here are some common signs you have a blocked drain:
- Water is backing up out of your drain
- Your sinks, tubs, or showers are draining slowly
- There’s a strange odor coming from your drains
- Your toilet won’t flush or backs up during flushing
- There are multiple slow drains in your home
If you notice any of these signs, you’re in need of professional clogged drain service!
How to Prevent Clogged Drains
As plumbing professionals, we want our customers to know the best ways they can save themselves money and a plumbing call. Preventive maintenance is incredibly important when it comes to your drains and can reduce the number of times you need professional drain cleaning. Here are some simple steps you can take to keep your drains clear:
- Use a mesh drain strainer over open drains.
- Refrain from flushing anything besides small amounts of toilet paper and human waste down the toilet.
- Don’t throw unresolved food, coffee grounds, or cooking grease down your kitchen sink. Dispose of it instead.
- Prevent hair and soap scum from clogging up your shower, sink, or tub drains.
Cold showers are a thing of the past when you schedule tankless water heater service.
Why Work With a Professional
It’s tempting to attempt DIY repairs on your drains, but this isn’t always a good idea. Store-bought cleaners are full of harsh chemicals that can corrode your pipes. Aside from that, these kinds of cleaners rarely clear out the issue completely.
That’s why, if you have blocked or backed up drains, call the professionals. Our services are always affordable, especially when it comes to common problems homeowners have. You can afford to have a professional clean out your pipes completely so that you can enjoy better functioning plumbing and a more efficient system. Professional cleaning is long-lasting so you get the most bang for your buck.