Do you want a system that can both heat and cool your home? Heat pumps can be the solution! These systems extract heat from the ground water to heat your home in the winter, and pump heat out of your home to keep it cool in the summer. Whether you want to learn more about these energy-efficient systems or need one installed or repaired, Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air has you covered. Call us for same-day appointments in St. George, UT.
Are you looking for a more traditional heating system? Contact us to learn about our furnace installation services.
Advantages of Installing Heat Pumps
Are you looking for an alternative to a furnace or heater to keep your home warm in the winter months? When you opt for a heat pump you not only get a heating system, but also a cooling unit, as heat pumps can perform both functions. In addition to the convenience of being able to heat and cool your home, heat pumps also offer the following benefits:
- More energy-efficient: These units use renewable energy sources to heat and cool your home, resulting in lower utility bills
- Potential government incentives: You could be eligible for a monetary bonus in the form of a renewable heat incentive from the government.
- Better indoor air quality: These units don’t create smoke or add fumes to the air in your home. They also include filters, which can remove dust, mold and other particles from the air.
- Increased safety: These systems tend to be safer than other heating units.
- Less condensation: These units prevent condensation from forming.
- Better climate control: These systems allow you to have maximum control over the temperature in your home.
Energy-Efficient Benefits of Heat Pumps
Heat pumps can be more energy-efficient than other heating systems. Some of the energy-saving advantages include:
- They can cost as little as 25 percent of operating traditional cooling or heating appliances as they move heat instead of generating it.
- They use just a small amount of electricity to transfer hot and cold air.
- They enable you to easily increase or decrease the temperature of a room within a few minutes.
- These systems can quickly change from heating or cooling mode with the push of a button.
Is your heater on the fritz? Call us about our heater repair services to get it functioning properly ASAP.
Potential Problems with Heat Pumps
Like all heating and cooling systems, occasionally you might run into a problem with a heat pump that requires professional repairs. Some of these can include:
- It cycles incorrectly: If the unit turns on and off too often, it can be due to overheating caused by a malfunctioning blower or clogged filter.
- Condenser malfunctions: If the condenser unit freezes, the entire system needs to be shut off. The unit should be inspected by a heating contractor to look for blockages.
- Blower stops working: If the air in the unit becomes too hot, the system will shut down. This can cause the blower to stop functioning properly. A professional should inspect the system to determine the exact cause.
- Improper installation: These units should only be installed by professionals. This can help reduce the chances of them being installed incorrectly.