Do you have snorers in your household? Are your sinuses irritated when you’re at home? Do you have dry, itchy skin? All of these issues can be resolved by installing a functioning humidifier in your home. Call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air for AC humidifier installation and repair services. We’ve been serving St. George and Southern Utah for more than 15 years!
Is the air quality in your home dipping? Learn about our filter replacement services.
Why You Need a Humidifier in Your Home
When thinking about your home’s air quality, you might not immediately think about the humidity levels. But there are benefits to adding a humidifier to your house. Some of the advantages can include:
- Add more moisture to your home during the winter months when houses can be dry.
- Increase the comfort level of your home.
- Relieve sinuses that can be irritated by dry climates.
- Provide relief to dry and cracking skin.
- Reduce snoring.
- Prevent your throat from becoming too dry.
- Reduce the potential for cracked lips and nose bleeds.
Common Problems With Humidifiers
Occasionally you might encounter issues with your humidifier that can be repaired by a service company. Some of these can include:
- The unit doesn’t produce the right amount of moisture for your home. This can be caused when the sponge pad accumulates too many minerals or if the unit isn’t level.
- The system’s water inlet is clogged with minerals.
- The unit’s drain line is blocked. This can cause leaks to occur.
- The system only activates if it’s set on a humidity level that’s higher than the current one in your property.
Are you struggling to maintain the climate in your home? Ask us about our thermostat services.
What Maintenance You Should Perform on Humidifiers
To keep your humidifier functioning properly and keeping your home comfortable, it’s important to keep it maintained. Some tasks to complete can include:
- Checking the water evaporator pad to ensure it’s not clogged with mineral deposits.
- Inspect the blower to make sure it’s working properly. A professional can check it and confirm it’s functioning properly.
- Check the water inlet valve to ensure it’s not clogged or stuck. This can reduce the amount of water the humidifier has access to.