Dehumidifiers can help increase your home’s comfort levels and ensure your household is safe by eliminating the risk of mold and mildew forming from too much moisture in your home. While an air conditioner can remove some moisture, it doesn’t remove all of it. This is where a dehumidifier can pick up the slack. To have an AC dehumidifier installed or repaired, call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air. In business for more than 15 years, we offer service throughout the St. George, UT area.
Is your home too dry? Ask us about our humidifier services.
Benefits of Whole-House Dehumidifiers
Does your house get stuffy in the summer months, or feel damp and moist? Installing a whole-house dehumidifier can resolve these issues and more by providing the following benefits:
- The unit can help eliminate clammy skin for those in your house when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- The system can eliminate high levels of humidity, which can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- It can remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- The unit can help remove musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air and condensation.
- It can take some of the burden off of your air conditioner, helping to lower your monthly utility bills.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
From time to time your dehumidifier may encounter problems that need to be repaired by a professional. Some common issues can include:
- Your unit doesn’t turn on. This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Your system’s reservoir is full, causing it to not turn on.
- Your unit’s evaporator coils are frozen. This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- Your unit has a refrigerant leak. This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerant can be dangerous to handle.
Is your air conditioner not cooling your home to its desired temperature? Contact us to learn about our air conditioner repair services.
How to Properly Maintain Your Dehumidifier
To keep your home comfortable, it’s important to make sure your dehumidifier is in good condition and is properly maintained. Some tasks to perform on your unit can include:
- Changing the filter regularly. This can help remove harmful particles from the air.
- Inspect the condenser coils regularly.
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills.