You can’t afford to have your boiler system malfunction, especially if you rely on it for both heat and hot water. That’s why when your system needs repairs, you need to call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air. We provide same-day appointments and 24-hour services to ensure your home or property stays warm and isn’t left without hot water. Call us for appointments in the St. George, UT area.
Are you looking for a more traditional heating system? Contact us to learn about our heater installation services.
Benefits of Steam Boilers
When looking for a new heating unit for your home or building, a steam boiler might be the solution. These units can withstand extremely cold temperatures, and they can transfer the heat they create from the steam to warm large buildings. This makes steam boilers ideal for homes with poor insulation and large commercial spaces.
Signs Your Boiler Needs to be Repaired
From time to time you might encounter issues with your boiler, and just like any heating system, it can require repairs from a professional. If you notice the following issues with your system you should call a boiler service company:
- The flame turns from blue to yellow: This can indicate a carbon monoxide leak, which can be extremely dangerous. If you notice this you should immediately evacuate your home and call a professional.
- Faint smell: A faint odor coming from the system can also indicate a carbon monoxide leak, and should be treated like an emergency situation.
- Odd noises: If you hear strange or unfamiliar noises coming from the unit you should call a repair company to inspect the problem.
- Takes longer to heat: If you notice your home is taking longer to warm up, it can signal an issue with the system.
- Increase in utility bills: An increase in your energy bills can indicate that your boiler is operating less efficiently. You should have it inspected to determine if the unit should be repaired or replaced.
Do you want to add comfort and ambiance to your home? Learn about our gas log fireplace services.
Common Issues with Boilers
While a carbon monoxide leak is a serious issue you could potentially encounter with your boiler, there are other more common - and less dangerous -- problems. Some other issues with your boiler system that can require professional repairs can include:
- No heat (or hot water)
- Water is leaking from the unit
- Pilot light goes out
- Boiler shuts off unexpectedly without being triggered
- House isn’t reaching the desired temperature set on the thermostat
- Radiator isn’t heating up, or takes too long to heat
- Frozen condensate pipe