Three Ways to Turn the Average Bathroom into a Home Spa
Mother’s Day has delighted mothers, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers for generations. However, chocolates and flowers can get old every year, receiving the same thing. This Mother’s Day makes the holiday truly memorable and gets her something she can use for years.
A luxurious spa day doesn’t have to cost hundreds of dollars or require a trip across town. Homeowners can transform their bathroom into a lush oasis with a few simple steps.
Replacing the Showerhead
- Come with Bluetooth speakers: Imagine – standing in the shower while a gentle melody strums in the background and without the risk of getting the speaker wet. This is a reality for those with a showerhead with Bluetooth capabilities. Getting a new shower head does more than treat mom to a particular day. It’s a year-long shower upgrade.
- Feature LED lights: Candles don’t last long and pose fire hazards. Thankfully, many modern showerheads come with LED lights. Some are even programmable, meaning one can enjoy a different light show every time they bathe.
- Have water filtration systems: Some showers have “hard water.” This means that sediment build-up can make it feel like a combination of water and sand is coming through the showerhead. With a water filtration system, homeowners can feel like they’re standing under a pure, clean waterfall.
Considering Bathtub Installation
Switching from a shower stall to a bathtub doesn’t just add a special touch to Mother’s Day; taking a bath provides a host of health benefits, including:
- Increased circulation
- Muscle relief
- Reduced arthritis and joint pain
- Improved mental health
- Clearer skin
While a bathtub comes with many benefits, it’s also a good idea to consider the cons of installation. According to the EPA, the average shower uses 10 to 20 gallons of water. However, the average bath can use up to 70 gallons of water. Luckily, there are many ways to cut costs when bathing like:
- Filling up the bathtub halfway
- Reducing the number of times that one takes a bath
- Turning off the faucet once the tub is adequately full
These are just a few examples of bathroom remodeling ideas. Homeowners can reach out to professionals near them to learn more.
This holiday season, one doesn’t have to call a bathroom remodeling service to treat their mothers. They can go “zen.” This may include:
- Hanging eucalyptus in the shower: Healthline notes that eucalyptus has many benefits, including pain relief and mood boosters. By turning it in the shower, one’s mother can enjoy aromatherapy, stress relief, and muscle relaxation.
- Use bath beads: One can enhance their spa day by using them. Some dots emit fragrant odors, while others offer pain-relief properties.
- Purchase a bathtub water heater: Sometimes, the bathwater doesn’t stay hot long enough. This may prompt someone to keep turning on the faucet, which can be wastewater. However, purchasing a bathtub water heater can break the water heater (and faucet).
These are just some bathroom design ideas. Additional measures could include retiling the floors, upgrading the bathroom sink fixtures, etc.
About Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air
Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air has over 20 years of experience serving the residents of St. George and Southern Utah. They provide straightforward pricing, same-day service, and 24/7 live answer. Call them today for bathroom remodeling services in St. George, UT.