If you have gas appliances in your St George, UT home, you should be able to recognize the signs of a gas leak. These toxic fumes can be fatal if inhaled by humans or pets. Not only are gas leaks unhealthy, they can also increase the risk of fires in your home. Don’t leave gas leak repair to just anyone. The experts at Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air can detect gas line leaks fast and get them fixed as soon as possible.
If you have found a gas leak, contact us for gas leak repair.
What Causes Gas Leaks?
The purpose of your gas line is to move gas from your source into your home and then to your gas appliances. If there is a disruption in your gas pipes, or if your pipes are damaged, you might be a risk of a gas leak. There are many causes of a gas leak. Here are just a few common ones you should watch out for:
- Damaged or compromised pipelines
- Older gas lines
- Corroded lines caused by extreme weather
- Badly fitted appliances
Signs of a Gas Leak
It’s vital to identify gas leaks as soon as possible to prevent possibly fatal conditions. Gas line leaks are hazardous and need to be handled by a professional gas leak detection company right away. If you notice any of the following signs, give us a call right away!
- Rotten egg smell: Most gases are odorless, however, gas companies add a chemical to it that makes it smell similar to rotten eggs so that you can detect when you’ve sprung a leak.
- Hissing noises: If you have a pinhole or crack in your gas line, you should be able to hear the sound of gas escaping as a hissing noise.
- Dead grass: Not only is a gas leak bad for your health, it’s also bad for plants and grasses. If you notice your house plants or lawn is dying, you might have a gas leak.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness: Inhaling these natural gas can make you dizzy or lightheaded.
Never take a cold shower again when you schedule water heater repair.
Why Work With Us
In the event of a gas leak, you want the experts on your side. We have over 15 years of experience and will help you troubleshoot the issue before we get there. If you suspect you might have a gas leak, call your local gas company to have the gas shut off and open windows to air out your home. Then evacuate until we come out to your home.
When you work with us, you’ll enjoy expert technicians, knowledgeable staff, straightforward pricing and satisfaction guaranteed! Why? Because we’re so confident you’ll love our services and we stand behind each and every one.