To protect your home and your family, you can’t put off getting plumbing issues repaired. Letting clogged drains or a malfunctioning water heater -- or worse, a plumbing emergency like a burst pipe -- go unfixed can cause serious damage to your house. Instead, take instant action by calling Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air for emergency plumbing services. We offer same-day appointments and 24-hour service!
We offer the following plumbing services - and more - to the Leeds, UT area:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
Read our testimonials to see why our customers have trusted us to complete their plumbing repairs and installations for more than 15 years.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Toilet to Avoid a Plumbing Emergency
Toilets -- especially if they are clogged -- can be the cause of a plumbing emergency in your home. To help prevent these, it’s important to know the signs that can indicate you need to replace your toilet. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Age: If your toilet is older it can be time to replace it. Especially if it needs repairs, sometimes buying the parts can be more expensive than buying a new toilet.
- Cracks: If cracks develop in a porcelain toilet they may start out small, but can eventually expand. This can lead to leaks that can cause damage to your home.
- Frequent clogs: If your toilet gets clogged frequently, the design of the toilet might not push the water through the toilet with enough force. If that happens, installing a newer unit with a better design can be an option.
- Wear and tear: As toilets age they can develop scratches that can show stains and dirt. These can be difficult to remove and can signal it’s time to replace the unit.
- Higher utility bills: If your utility bills are increasing, it can be because older toilets use more water than newer models.
4 Ways to Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can be a nuisance around your home. No one wants to shower in standing water. Or smell a foul odor when walking past the kitchen sink. To avoid clogged drains, follow these tips:
- Scrape excess food in the trash instead of down the drain. Even if you have a garbage disposal, this can help prevent clogs.
- Let liquid grease cool in a container and then throw it in the garbage instead of pouring it down the drain.
- Install a screen over the drain in bathtubs and showers to collect hair and prevent it from going down the drain.
- Only flush toilet paper and waste down the toilet.
- Schedule regular drain cleaning services with a professional.
At Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air, we understand that paying for an unexpected plumbing issue can put a strain on your finances. To lessen the burden, ask us about our financing options.
Water Heater Problems You Could Encounter
Having your water heater malfunction can be an inconvenience for your entire household. No one wants to bathe, do laundry or wash dishes in cold water. Unfortunately, from time to time your unit can encounter problems. Some of the more common issues a plumber can address can include:
- No hot water: The most obvious sign of a problem can be an absence of hot water. This can indicate an issue with the pilot light or the heating element.
- Leaks or cracks: Any leaks or cracks in your unit should be inspected by a plumber. He or she can determine if the issue can be repaired or if a new unit needs to be installed.
- Loud noises: Unusual sounds coming from the system can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of residue that a professional can inspect.
for Leeds, UT