Whether it’s a broken water heater, clogged drain or burst pipe, you can’t delay before hiring a residential plumbing contractor to fix the issue. The longer a plumbing issue exists, the more damage it can potentially do to your house. For immediate assistance, call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air. We offer 24-hour emergency plumbing services in your area!
We offer the following plumbing services - and more - to the Ivins, UT area:
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
For more than 15 years we’ve provided quality plumbing services to our clients. But don’t listen to us! Read what our customers are saying in our testimonials.
Ways to Prevent Burst Pipes
Burst pipes can quickly become a serious plumbing emergency. It can cause serious water damage to your house, wrecking your flooring, walls, insulation and wiring, and can lead to mold and mildew forming. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent burst pipes:
- Make sure pipes are properly insulated. If they are not, use a heat wrap around them to keep them warm.
- Keep the water running at a trickle during cold weather to ensure there is a constant flow of water in the pipe.
- Call a professional immediately at the first signs of reduced water pressure.
- Look for leaks in your home and call a plumbing ASAP.
- Have your pipes regularly inspected by a professional.
- Schedule regular drain cleaning services to keep the pipes free of blockages.
- If you have older pipes, have them replaced if they show signs of aging.
How to Prevent Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can cause issues in your home, between leaving you to shower in standing water to causing food to build up and create odors in your kitchen drains. To prevent these problems, follow these tips:
- Don’t scrape excess food into the kitchen drain - even if you have a garbage disposal. Instead, place extra food in the trash can before washing dishes.
- Don’t put grease down the drain. Pour it into a container and throw it in the garbage once it’s cooled.
- Keep hair out of bathroom drains. You can prevent this by installing a screen over the drain in the shower and tub to collect it before it goes down the drain.
- Only flush waste and toilet paper in the toilet.
- Schedule regular drain cleanings with a professional.
Plumbing repairs and installations can be costly. Ask us about our financing options to make your next project more affordable.
Life Expectancy of Water Heaters
You might not think about your water heater often -- at least until it starts to malfunction. Being left with cold water while you shower, do laundry and wash dishes can make you appreciate your water heater more than ever. Unfortunately, these units do not last forever. While every make and model is different, most electric water heaters can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years with the proper care. Gas units might not last quite as long. If you’re not sure if your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan, have a plumber inspect the system.