During the winter and summer months, you don’t want to be uncomfortable in your own home. That’s why it’s important to keep your heating and cooling systems in good working condition through routine maintenance. When an emergency does occur, Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air has you covered. We offer 24-hour emergency furnace and air conditioning repair services in Santa Clara, UT.
We provide complete heating and cooling services to your area, including:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
We stand by our HVAC services, but don’t take our word for it. Read our testimonials to see what our customers are saying about us.
Ways a Malfunctioning Heater can Affect Your Home
When your heater breaks down, there are certain affects you expect to endure, like being cold and uncomfortable until it’s repaired. However, there are also other ways a malfunctioning unit can impact you and your home. These can include:
- The risk of your family becoming sick. A serious issue with your unit, like a carbon monoxide leak, can put your family in danger. Your family’s health can also suffer due to the cold temperatures in the home.
- Lower indoor air quality. A functioning unit can remove particles from the air, so when it’s not working as expected, it can lead to more dust and other debris in the air.
- The potential risk of a fire. Depending on what’s wrong with your unit, it can possibly lead to the increased risk of a fire.
- Higher utility bills. Broken units don’t function as efficiently as working systems, and can work harder to try to keep your home warm. This can lead to an increase in your utility bills.
How to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
The last thing you likely want to deal with on a cold winter day is a malfunctioning furnace. To prevent your unit from breaking down unexpectedly, it’s important to perform maintenance throughout the year. Some ways you can keep your system properly maintained include:
- Schedule a yearly inspection with a professional in the spring or fall.
- Replace the filters regularly, about once every three months.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor and have it inspected regularly to ensure it’s working properly.
- Examine the furnace ducts to ensure they are sealed and not leaking hot air.
- Check the blower to look for obstructions.
- Look for rust, holes and other defects inside the unit.
- Clean the burners to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Keep the area around the unit clean so it’s accessible in case a professional needs to make a repair.
Dealing with a malfunctioning furnace in the middle of winter is stressful enough - don’t worry about the bill, too. Ask us about our financing options.
Simple Ways to Save on Your Cooling Costs
Keeping your home cool in the summer months can be expensive. Luckily, there are ways to save on cooling costs without sacrificing your comfort.
- Properly insulate your home.
- Replace the air filters regularly, ideally every three months.
- Schedule a yearly tune-up on the unit.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down just a few degrees. This will help lower your utility bills and you are unlikely to notice a difference in the temperature of the house.
- If your system is old, replace it.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in your home, making it feel cooler.
- Keep the drapes closed to block out the sun and keep extra heat out.