Dealing With an Emergency Plumbing Situation
It's the night before a holiday weekend, and you come home to see a foot of water on your basement floor because of a busted pipe. The water levels are rising, and you are trying to figure out what to do next. This isn't just any plumbing problem; this is a plumbing emergency that needs to be taken care of immediately.
No one wants to suffer a plumbing dilemma, but luckily if the situation arises, there are emergency plumbers who are ready to help. If you are experiencing a plumbing problem, understand what's considered an emergency, how to be prepared, and what to do next.
What Is a 24-Hour Plumber?
A 24-hour plumber is an on-call emergency service that is ready around the clock to help you. These professional plumbers know how to handle even the worst plumbing situations and will get a technician to your home or business as soon as possible to begin repairs.
How Much Time Will It Take for Emergency Services to Arrive?
No matter what time an emergency happens, nights, weekends, holidays, plumbers are ready to show up at your door. In this situation, it's normal to be anxious and want help to show up immediately. Dispatch service is on call 24/7 to get a plumber to your home or business as quickly as possible. In the meantime, they can talk you through the possible steps you can take before they arrive.
People search "plumber near me" to get a plumber there as soon as possible, but understand, in an emergency, arrival times can vary based on location. You can expect an average wait time of half an hour. Your technician wants to get to help you as soon as possible and will do their best to arrive promptly.
Plumbing Services Considered to Be Emergencies
Knowing what constitutes an emergency can help you determine if you need the services of an emergency plumber. The following is a list of common plumbing emergencies.
- Broken Pipes - If a pipe breaks and causes flooding, the homeowner should shut off the main water valve and call an emergency plumber to locate the leak and repair or replace the pipe.
- Frozen Pipes - Frozen pipes occur in the winter months when temperatures drop below freezing. Frozen lines can cause a burst pipe. A plumber will repair or replace the pipe.
- Blocked Drains - A blocked drain can cause water backups and flooding. A plumber will unclog the drain of any debris so it can drain freely.
- Gas Leaks - If you smell gas, immediately exit the premises. The best solution is to call the plumber and the gas service to alert them of the possible leak.
- Sewer System Backup - Overflowed sewage inside or outside the house can back up a stopped sewage line inside your house. A burst sewage line can ruin your yard. Prevent anyone in your home from using plumbing until emergency services arrive.
Trust a Local Plumber
Knowing who to call is half the battle. If you are experiencing a plumbing emergency, count on the professionals that have been servicing the Washington, UT area for 20 years. Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air have a team ready around the clock to help you in the case of an emergency.