It’s important to keep your central heating and air conditioning system in good working condition so it functions when you need it most. It’s important to get regular maintenance and tune-ups, and seek help immediately when an emergency arises. Call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air for emergency repairs and same-day service to the New Harmony, UT area.
We provide complete heating and cooling services to the New Harmony, UT area, including:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Evaporator Coil Services
We’ve been in business for more than 15 years thanks to our customers. Read our testimonials to see why our clients trust us to perform their HVAC work.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Installing a new heater can have many advantages for you, your family and your house. Some of the benefits can include:
- Energy efficiency. New models use less energy than older units.
- Increased comfort. New systems have more abilities to control the climate in your home.
- Better indoor air quality. New units can better remove particles from the air in your house.
- No repairs anytime soon. New systems can provide peace of mind that you won’t need repairs or a replacement in the near future.
Common Furnace Problems
You need your furnace to be fully functioning in the winter to keep your home comfortable and safe. Unfortunately, occasionally it can encounter problems that require a heating contractor to repair. Some of these more common issues can include:
- Needs a tune-up: Failure to perform regular maintenance can cause a number of issues with your unit.
- Dirty filters: Not changing filters regularly can cause dust, dirt and other debris to accumulate in the system, putting a strain on the unit.
- Aging: Older units can show signs of wear and tear, which can cause the unit to lose efficiency.
- Thermostat issues: If the temperature in your house doesn’t match the temp set on the thermostat it can signal an issue that needs to be inspected by a professional.
- Poor airflow: If your unit doesn’t get adequate airflow it can cause your system to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: This is a serious issue that needs to be inspected immediately. If you start to feel ill or if the pilot light in your unit turns from blue to yellow, or you notice an excess of condensation on the windows, you should quickly evacuate the property.
Repairing a heater or air conditioner can be costly. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers.
What to Expect During an AC Tune-Up
It’s recommended that you have your air conditioner inspected at least once a year by a professional. During these routine tune-ups you can expect the contractor to perform the following tasks:
- Check the refrigerant levels and look for any leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for leaks or debris.
- Examine the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly.
- Ensure the heating and cooling sequences aren’t operating at the same time.
- Check the electric terminals and if needed, apply a non-conductive coating.
- Inspect all of the components of the unit, including the belts.
- Check the motor and apply oil if needed.
- Inspect the thermostat to ensure it’s functioning properly.