You want to be able to seek comfort in your home during extreme temperatures. But when your heating or cooling system malfunctions, it can leave you cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Don’t risk having your family be uncomfortable in their own home. Call Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air for emergency repairs and same-day service in your area.
We provide complete HVAC services to the Ivins, UT area, including:
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Installation
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
We value our customers’ feedback. Read what our clients think of our heating and cooling services in our testimonials.
What to Expect During a Routine Heater Tune-Up
To keep your heater functioning properly all year, it’s important to have it serviced by a professional annually. During this routine maintenance, which should be performed in the late spring or early fall, you can expect a contractor to perform the following services:
- He or she will shut off the power to the unit to keep you and your household safe during the maintenance.
- The contractor will inspect the inside of the heater to look at the inner components and ensure they are functioning properly.
- If he or she notices worn parts or belts the professional will likely recommend replacing them during the tune-up to avoid having it malfunction later and require emergency repairs.
Signs Your Furnace Needs to be Replaced
Replacing your furnace may not be an event you look forward to doing, but it can be even more stressful to need an emergency replacement during the middle of winter. To avoid this, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed. These can include:
- If your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- If the system is losing efficiency, causing it to work harder to try to keep your home at its desired temperature and resulting in higher utility bills.
- If you notice any cracks in the system, as this can lead to a carbon monoxide leak.
- If your system needs multiple -- or costly -- repairs.
When your heater malfunctions, don’t delay getting it repaired due to fear of paying the bill. Instead, ask us about our financing options.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
While having your AC unit malfunction in the middle of summer is never a welcomed event, from time to time there may be problems you encounter with your unit. Some common issues that may require professional repairs can include:
- The unit isn’t producing cold air, even when the thermostat is turned down.
- The system is running, but it’s not cooling your home down to the desired temperature.
- Air isn’t flowing through the vents properly. This can cause the system to overwork and it can result in higher utility bills.
- There is uneven cooling throughout the home, leaving some areas cooler than others.
- There is moisture leaking around the air conditioner, indicating a blocked or broken drain tube, or a refrigerant leak.