When your water heater fails and you’re stuck enduring cold showers, or when your drains are clogged and water is slow to drain, don’t delay before calling a residential plumbing contractor to repair the problem. Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air provides 24-hour emergency services and same-day appointments to the Central, UT area.
We offer the following plumbing services - and more - to the Central, UT area:
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Burst Pipe Repair
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
We guarantee satisfaction to our customers. Read what our clients think about our services in our testimonials.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
Burst pipes can cause major damage to your home. To prevent them, it’s important to know what can cause a pipe to burst. Some of the causes include:
- Freezing temperatures: When temperatures dip too low, the water inside pipes can freeze and expand.
- Severe clogs: A large clog can cause water pressure to build up in the pipe.
- Old pipes: As pipes age they can corrode and crack.
- Tree roots: If tree roots grow into your pipes it can cause them to burst.
- Earth shifting: If the earth shifts it can cause damage to pipes.
- Construction: Projects done too close to pipes can cause them to burst.
Advantages of Getting Drains Professionally Cleaned Regularly
To prevent larger plumbing issues, it’s important to have drains professionally cleaned regularly. This can provide the following benefits:
- Clear clogs that you would be unlikely to remove on your own.
- Eliminate slow drains by removing residue and buildup.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies by keeping the drains clear of clogs.
- Reduce odors by removing any food buildup in pipes.
- Identify and repair smaller issues before they become larger.
We understand that paying for an emergency plumbing issue can be a burden on your finances. That’s why we offer financing options to our clients.
Common Water Heater Issues
Your family relies on your water heater to provide hot showers and warm baths. While it’s an inconvenience to have it malfunction, occasionally you might encounter issues that require the assistance of a plumber. These can include:
- An absence of hot water due to an extinguished pilot light or a damaged heating element.
- A leak coming from the unit that a plumber can inspect and determine if it can be repaired or replaced.
- An excess of noise coming from the system due to a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit.
- Cracks in the unit. A plumber can diagnose the cause and decide if the cracks can be repaired or if a new system needs to be installed.