When you have dirty or damaged air ducts, it can impact your entire home or building. Do you want the air you breathe traveling through moldy ducts? Or end up paying more in your utility bills because there’s a leak in the ducts? Avoid these risks by calling Walker Plumbing, Heating & Air for air duct cleaning, repairs and sealing services. We offer same-day appointments to the St. George, UT area.
Does your heater need to be replaced? Learn about our heater installation services.
Signs Your Air Ducts Need to be Replaced
When you think about your HVAC systems, you might not think about the air ducts as much as you do your heating and cooling units. However, the air ducts play an important role in keeping your property comfortable and safe. That’s why when they need to be replaced, it’s important to contact a professional as soon as you notice any of the following signs:
- Aging ducts, especially if your property is older than 50 years. Older ducts can have leaks, which can increase the chances of having asbestos.
- Cracks in the ducts. These can lead to wasted energy and can increase your utility costs.
- An excess of humidity in the air. This can lead to mold growth and affect your indoor air quality.
Symptoms that Signal Your Ducts Need Professional Repairs
Is it time to call a professional to repair your air ducts? The following signs can signal you need to have them inspected:
- Your property is stuffy and humid.
- An increase in your energy bills. This can indicate a leak in the air ducts, as damaged ducts can lose up to 30 percent of air flowing through them.
- Uneven heating or cooling -- or hot and cold spots -- throughout your property. This can signal an issue that should be inspected by a professional.
Do you suspect you have a refrigerant leak? Don’t try repairing it yourself - ask us about our services!
Benefits of Timely, Professional Air Duct Services
It’s important to have your air ducts inspected by a professional as soon as you suspect an issue. Getting the ducts repaired in a timely manner can provide the following benefits:
- Improved air quality throughout your property.
- Improved health for those who suffer from allergies, as leaky air ducts can enhance their symptoms.
- Consistent heating and cooling throughout your home or building.
- Increased lifespan of the ductwork.
- Ability to detect and repair minor problems before they become larger.
- Lower your utility bills as leaky ducts can cause wasted air and energy.